if you can’t make poached eggs then you should probably learn today. it really is a dying art.
if you have tried but you can’t quite get there, then that’s ok. we can’t all be heroes.
this method will give you perfect runny mozzarella ball poached eggs. i like to serve them on marmite toast (if you haven’t tried it then you really should) with a little ketchup. my sister has salad cream but she is mentally unstable and possibly adopted.
here is what you will need:
1 pan of water
1 tsp white wine vinegar (or malt vinegar is fine)
a teacup (this makes it easier to pour the eggs into the water)
what to do:
1. heat the pan of water
2. place 2 eggs into a teacup with the vinegar (make sure the yolks don’t split because that would be rubbish)
3. once the water is boiling turn it down to a simmer
4. now you need to use the whisk to create a little whirlpool of water
5. gently pour in the eggs into the direction of the water
6. set your timer to 3 minutes
7. this is a good time to put your toast on
8. once the 3 minutes are up take out the eggs and place them on the kitchen roll. this will soak up any excess water
9. season your little eggs and wow your friends.